There are many different designs and types of roller bearing systems that may be used in machine and industrial applications. The cylindrical roller bearing consists of a metal collar that contains a smaller, toothed wheel inside. Within the wheel, there are ball bearings that are held in place by the teeth on the wheel. As the load travels, the wheel turns, but the weight of the load remains fixed directly over the spherical ball bearings inside the cylinder.
Roller bearing systems can be complex, but most are usually simple in design and engineering. One common and basic system includes bearings placed under a heavy item. This type of roller bearing can be found in machine applications, like a conveyor belt, where the roller unit allows the heavier item to be moved easily by reducing friction and distributing the weight of the object.
Roller bearings — also known as rolling-element bearings — are similar to ball bearings in that they are designed to carry a load while minimizing friction.
- NUP 248 Cylindrical roller bearing NSK NUP248 Bearing Size 240x440x72
- 85.7 mm
- 240x440x72 mm truck parts cylindrical roller bearing NUP 248E NUP248E
- 4.5 in
- Factory direct low noise ball bearings 6248M Size 240X440X72
- 438 mm
- 795.000 mm
- Time Limit Promotion NU248 High Quality All Size Cylindrical Roller Bearing 240x440x72 mm
- Not Applicable
- 5500 rpm
- Cylindrical Roller Bearing N248 240 RN 02 N 248 240x440x72 mm
- 103.5 mm
- 0.5 mm